CONTEST "YOUNG SCIENTIST"
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Science Fair is an exciting opportunity for students to do research, design experiments, collect and analyze data, make conclusions and share their results with the scientific community.The main target of the contest is the promotion of science as well as the development of different talents of our students.
Participants of this competition are required to prepare a project about a chosen topic from science, mathematics, history, English, social studies, art and music, or whatever they want to focus.Meridian International School gives them the chance to present the projects of Scientists of the Future to the public Jury members always have a hard time to choose the best projects that are later awarded.
• Contest is for student of grades 4-7 of elementary schools
• students prepare projects in pairs
• project should have two parts - theory and experiment
• theory should be presented on a display board
- display board should consist of 3 part
- middle section should contain the project title, list of used materials and the procedure
- on the left abstract, research questions, hypothesis and information gathered about the chosen topic are placed
- on the right the results and conclusions are put
• The experiment should be presented to the jury on the day of contest
• The elements that are judged for are:
1. Project esthetics (display board)
2. Effectiveness (experiments, results)
3. Choice of topic
4. Knowledge concerning chosen topic
- Young Scientist in Elementary School ul. Wawelska 66/74
FILES TO DOWNLOAD